Welcome to the GFWC Greater West Palm Beach Women’s Club
The GFWC Greater West Palm Beach Women’s Club is a non-profit volunteer service organization 501(c)(3) that has been helping our community since 1927. The club was federated in 1927. We are part of the General Federation of Women’s Clubs (GFWC) http://www.gfwc.org/ which is the world’s largest and oldest women’s International volunteer organization.
The GFWC Greater West Palm Beach Women’s Club originally began as the West Palm Beach Junior Woman’s Club. Many community hours and donations have been contributed by the Juniors since they first organized in 1927, the same year they joined the Florida Federation of Women’s Clubs (GFWC FL) www.gfwcflorida.org/ and the General Federation of Women’s Clubs (GFWC). Some of the major projects of the Juniors were the Well Baby Clinic, Pink Panther Ball which benefitted the Palm Beach Zoo, Blue Dot Project, road rallies, golf tournaments, and selling programs for the Grand Prix. All of the projects have not been included here, but enough are listed to make us all proud to be a part of such an enthusiastic group. In 1999, the Junior Woman’s club became the GFWC Greater West Palm Beach Women’s Club. In 2002, we celebrated our anniversary. Over the years we have supported Locks of Love, the Hispanic Human Resources Center, local domestic assault shelters, recycling agencies, Read Together Palm Beach County, Quantum House, The Veterans’ Hospital, Home Safe, and many other community agencies and projects. In past years, we have been selected an an “Outstanding Club” in our Category.
Our members come from many areas of the Palm Beaches including Wellington, Royal Palm Beach, Lake Worth, Greenacres, Boynton Beach, Stuart, West Palm Beach, and Rhode Island. We welcome members from any location.